Sent by BACDL President Bill Barner, earlier today:
The Chief Judge held a meeting today to update everyone on the courthouse reopening. Here are my notes:
- Throughout the reopening, the courts will continue to use zoom
- Hybrid Hearings: there are eight courtrooms equipped to allow zoom appearances and spectatorship during in-person jury trials.
- County criminal jury trials began today, and the courthouse has also begun grand jury proceedings.
- First week in May, in-person hearings at the satellite courthouses will begin to be phased in.
- Felony jury trials will begin in mid-late May. Judge John Murphy and/or Judge Martin Fein will have their own floor for murder trials.
- Masks must be worn everywhere at all times
- Normal courthouse activities are expected to resume by late July or early August.