Former Broward ASA Scott Janowitz is now a county court judge in Miami.
A text from Scott on Tuesday night:
I am excited and humbled at this opportunity to serve. I am appreciative of all the ASAs, PDs, Judges, Clerks, lawyers, and everyone else who has been there along the journey (for both making me a better lawyer and supporting my candidacy over the years). I particularly thank Mike Satz, who gave me my first legal job. I thank Judges Cowart, Gates, S.Ross, and Towbin-Singer for their examples. To the Jaablog readers – please feel free to visit me whenever I get assigned.
From the Beginning (2006): Maister, Janowitz & JAABLOG …
12 thoughts on “JANOWITZ TO COUNTY”
The gross salary of a County or Circuit Judge over the course of 6 years, including benefits, is in excess of a million dollars.
Have you run out of criminal cases? No hearings? No new clients?
Run for Judge
Are you a family lawyer whose business has dried up?
Run for Judge (The Family and Dependency Judges have raised little to nothing.)
Civil lawyer/PI lawyer, insurance companies are not settling claims anytime soon so
Run for Judge
* Filing fee to run for Judge is a hair under 7k, so many of the Judges below at the moment have to self fund that amount and more if they didn’t raise money until now.
** Total below are net amounts reflecting cash on hand
Shulman – $25000
Henning – $3500
Davis – $86,000
Scherer – $23,350
Dale Cohen – 0
Siegel – 0
Murphy – 0
Tarlika Navarro 190k
So who will gamble $6k+ to campaign during a time where the incumbency means nothing? Doubtful there will be many in-person forums or public events to meet and greet candidates. Never in the history of judicial elections has the playing field been so level.
How to rank em
1) Gender, women still beat men more than not.
2) Name game- Hispanic and Haitian names= vulnerable, the amount of money they have is irrelevant.
1) How much money do they have and can they self-fund if needed?
2) Who appointed them. Not a good time to be a Scott or DeSantis judicial appointee.
3) Who has run and won? Novice candidates (only if they have run in the last decade) are more vulnerable.
4) Prior scandals….adopting a kid in dependency court whose case you presided over and later the kid accused you of wrongdoing.
This man is doing Bar Association get togethers during the crisis. He would be easy to beat by a woman.
It was a zoom bench and bar meeting moron
Gelin, Run For Judge
Your last run:
Board of Governors Vote:
Candidate Kim …. 66%
Candidate Gelin . 34%
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
Excellent choice by the Governor. All the good Asa’s like Multak and Janowitz end up in Dade.
when can I file in against him?
Next time I’ll try Dade.
YOU GOTTA SCHMOOZ THE GREASER CONDO PIMPS IN BROWARD – FREE TOOTHBRUSHES, TOOTHPASTE, DEPENDS, NAILFILES, POTATO KINISHES – ITS A WORLD ALL ITS OWN HERE IN BROWARD
THATS WHY WE HAVE CRAPPY JUDGES HERE
Scott is a high quality attorney and even better father and man. He didn’t switch to Dade for an appointment to the bench. While he worked up here in Broward at the SAO office after graduation from UM, he moved back to Miami nearly a decade ago when he went into private practice.
NO SWEAT SCOTTY
DADDY DID IT FOR ME
IT HELPS TO HAVE POLITICAL GREASE
NOW HUBBYS GOT IT TOO